Sending our warmest wishes to our friends and family during this Thanksgiving.
Is your home ready for the winter? Have you checked all of your pipes for leaks? Have you made sure that any exposed pipes are insulated? Areas that reach near freezing temperatures often report a lot of problems with pipes bursting and water supplies getting blocked. Make sure that when the winter sets in you have no such issues to worry about. Rooter-Man can ensure that your home is ready for the winter and that you have a safe and pleasant winter.
Winterize your home today
Getting your home ready for the winter is a simple task when you have Rooter-Man to help you with it. We provide expert services for making your home winter ready and that all your plumbing is functional when the temperature drops.
Rooter-Man winterizing checklist includes the following:
- Checking for leaks: Leaks are the biggest culprit for the problems that occur in homes during winter. Not only do they lead to dampness in your home, they also weaken the pipes and increase the possibility that they will burst when the temperature reaches the freezing point.
- Insulate pipes: Exposed pipes need to be insulated, or they become prone to bursting during winters. We look through the garage, attic, and all the crawl spaces in your home to make sure that all such pipes are properly covered.
- Securing the sprinkler systems: A number of homes have water sprinklers installed in the lawn which allow for easy watering of the grass and plants. Our experts remove the water inside the pipes of the sprinkler, and ensure that they survive the winter without any damage.
To schedule winterizing services today give us a call at 1-866-577-1221
Thanksgiving is a day of celebration, and millions of Americans celebrate this festival with a grand feast. With all of the family gatherings and food its no surprise that the day right after Thanksgiving is officially the busiest day of the year for plumbers all over the country. Sometimes unavoidable plumbing issues can arise with the extra stress on plumbing systems, however, the way garbage is disposed of around the holidays is the usually the biggest culprit for clogged pipes and leaks. At Rooter-man, we are always available and happy to help solve any plumbing problems that may arise, but here are some tips to help prevent any plumbing problems over the holiday.
How to avoid pipe clogs
- Avoid dumping leftover grease down the drain. Running hot water will not help, and you may be left with a clogged drain.
- When putting leftover food down the disposal, avoid dumping big chunks in it. Make sure that you do so in small pieces. Break the food down and then dispose it. The machine can handle only so much strain before it breaks down. If you are running short on time, you can always dispose it later.
- Do not turn the water off while the disposal machine is on.
- Do not use the disposal machine to get rid of the bones. You will end up killing the machine, and might just burst an eardrum of two from all the unholy noise
How to properly dispose your garbage
- Run fresh water for at least a minute after you are done disposing the food. This washes down the little grease that the food contains.
- It is also a good idea to keep ice cubes and some lemon peels in the disposal, as the former keeps the blade sharp, and latter removes odor.
And remember if you encounter any plumbing or drain problems over the holidays Rooter-Man is always here to help. Give us a call at 1-866-577-1221
Attention Friends and Family!
Rooter-Man is pleased to announce the launch of our newly designed website! We have spent a great amount of time redesigning the website to make it easier to navigate and more multi-device friendly (ie: desktop, tablets, mobile etc.). We hope you enjoy it so hurry on over and check it out! Don’t forget, when you have a plumbing or drain problem Rooter-Man is the one you know and trust.