Research into past environmental changes and future predictions by industry experts prove that we haven’t exactly been kind to our one and only habitable planet. This is why it is important to make sure that every person does their bit for the environment and minimizes their carbon footprint.
Here at Rooter-Man, we try to do our part for the planet, while we fix plumbing. We thought that we should share some of these tips with our blog readers, so you can benefit from them. The following tips will not only help you minimize your carbon footprint, but they will also allow you to reduce your energy usage.
- Many people don’t turn off the faucets when they are brushing their teeth – doing so can help you save about 3 gallons of water a day.
- Taking shorter showers, just by a couple of minutes, can cut down water usage by 5 gallons.
- Leaky and loose faucets waste more than 20 gallons of water every day.
- High Efficiency Toilets cut down water usage.
- Replace appliances like washers and dryers with more efficient ones.
- Insulating your water pipes, so there will be a less of a chance of a leak.
- Install low-flow faucets and shower heads.
- Adjust the time for watering your garden. Doing it early in the morning will help you save more water, because less water will evaporate.
- Using smart sprinklers will save water automatically.
These tips can bring instantaneous changes in your water usage. The most important part of the whole process of saving on energy bills is having your plumbing system checked. Our plumbers are highly qualified and they have experience to help you find leaks and faulty appliances and decrease the amount of water and electricity you are utilizing.